I do not like mice and thankfully there have not been as many as I feared when we first to this old country home. I have only seen/caught 3 or 4 but ONE is one too many in my house!!
Last week I saw a mouse in the laundry room and started putting out sticky and snap traps but I have to be careful about it with a one year old toddling around. Well, I fully expected to have a mouse caught in a day or two.
Nope.
I went and got new traps that were child safe so I could put them in better places and once again fully expected to have it caught in a day or two.
Nope.
I started finding a few little droppings in certain places up on my counter and was so disgusted by it! Last night I finally told Jason I had enough and was going to catch this mouse tonight or else. He said the problem was that I hadn't named it.
What?!
Apparently on his mission he once had an apartment that had a bad mouse problem. Him and his companion started putting up wanted posters on their fridge with the name of the mouse they were going to catch that night. He said they were always spanish names for some reason like Juan Carlos or Diego. Maybe because they were "illegal immigrants" (Forgive me, I'm not trying to be racist).
So last night I set 3 baited snap traps in different places on my counter and dubbed my mouse "Muerte" which means death in spanish. I woke up this morning fully expecting to have a mouse again.
Nope?!! WHAAAT!
The traps were all still set but the bait was GONE with little poops right next to it just like he was saying, "Nener, nener"!
Jason said we must have named him the wrong name and that his name would now be "Houdini".
So this morning I made an actual "Wanted" poster and put it on my fridge. Hey, whatever works.
Houdini the mouse, wherever you are, you will not escape me much longer! Your luck will run out eventually!
Haha! This made me laugh out loud.
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha that is fantastic! Good luck catching Houdini :)
ReplyDeleteLove you art work. I mean it. We had a good laugh.
ReplyDelete